Turmeric and its main active ingredient curcumin have gained wide recognition as among one of three herbs that can provide cure for gallstones. This tropical herb belongs to the ginger family; hence, it is widely used not only for its medicinal value but also as a tasty complement to the curry flavor.
Turmeric gained worldwide attention around 1971, when Indian Ayurvedic medicine found it as effective cure in relieving gas pain, de-worming, relieving arthritis, regulating menstrual cycles and dissolving gallstones aside from a host of many other health benefits.
Its active ingredient curcumin is said to provide the cure for gallstones because of its ability as an antioxidant and its capability to provide anti-inflammatory relief.
As a rich source of Vitamin A, C and E, the health giving benefits of turmeric are also widely used to address disorders common in individuals who have entered their old age.
The following are the health benefits that can be derived from turmeric if used as cure for gallstones:
1. Turmeric is known to improve the solubility of bile which means it enhances the ability of bile to dissolve more easily. Thus, a person whose bile liquid possesses great solubility can prevent cholesterol stone formation.
2. As gallstones cure, a daily dosage of turmeric is said to be capable of dissolving as much as 80% of all existing gallstones found in an individual’s gallbladder in a matter of weeks.
3. Turmeric in any form of medication either as tea, capsules, tincture or poultice can provide relief for swelling. This is why taking in turmeric during bouts of gallbladder attacks can provide relief once the swelling in the bile duct and gallbladder areas are soothed with turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Turmeric is also used as a daily tonic even in small amounts to cleanse the body particularly the liver, kidney and colon areas of toxins and unwanted substances like cholesterol.
5. The curcumin ingredient found in turmeric is said to be effective in destroying cancel cells particularly in the liver. A liver that is greatly affected by growth of cancer cells cannot function properly in bile production as well as cholesterol reduction.
These are the properties of turmeric which a sufferer from gallbladder disorder may find as effective cure for gallstones. The increased production of soluble bile by the liver can breakdown the gallstones within the gallbladder.
On top of that, cholesterol levels will lessen because the bile liquid has more solubility to allow cholesterol elimination and as well as its stone formation.